General Information (in alphabetical order)
Richmond International Airport (airport code: RIC) - located 9.5 miles from Greater Richmond Convention Center
*Aglow does not have an agreement with, nor endorse ment of the below listed businesses to and from airport:
- Shuttle Option #1: James River Transportation
- Website - https://jamesrivertrans.com/richmond-airport-shuttle-service/
- Toll free phone (855)831-4343 or (804)249-1052 (Richmond)
- Reservations can be made online, by phone, or walk-up
- James River Transportation has a 24/7 staffed customer service
- Location in the baggage claim area for Richmond International Airport. (Down the escalator toward baggage claim.)
- Rates: $36 plus gratuity per 3 - person vehicle ($42.60 total or $14.20 per person with 3 in car.)
- For groups arriving together that are more than 3 people, larger vehicle can be arranged.
- Shuttle Option #2: Virginia Air Link
- Website - http://virginiaairlink.com/shuttle/
- To make reservations online using a credit card, follow link above. Pre-book ride(s) at least 12 hours in advance.
- To make reservations after arriving at the Richmond Airport phone 804-372-7433 to request pick-
up (24 hours)
- Can pay driver by cash or credit card. (There is no counter at airport. Must be contacted by phone.)
- This company provides shuttle service from/to the airport to Downtown Richmond, VA. The average fare is $27.50 plus $3 for every additional passenger. Maximum 5 people per vehicle. Suggested tip is $5.00 per person.
- Cab Company - Napoleon Taxicab Company, LLC
- Website: www.napoleontaxi.com
- Phone: (804) 354-8294
- Average fare from airport to convention center area is $27.00 for one person.
- Car Company - Avis Car Rental
- Website: www.avis.com
- Avis reservation phone number: 1 (800) 331-1600
- Discounted rates to Aglow attendees.
- Please be sure to check Avis Hours of Operation with your flight schedules.
- Group discount code:
- attendees should provide Avis reservation agents with the discount number to ensure they receive the best available car rental rates. Discount effective from seven days prior to the event until seven days after the event.
- Website - https://www.uber.com/drive/richmond/airports/richmond
- To access Uber customers must first download the app from Google Play store or the Apple App Store. (For International attendees: please be sure to confirm that your country's apps/phones are accessible to this service).
Average rate to downtown Richmond from Airport is $18 - $25
- Downloading/activating Uber requires a credit card to be entered into your Uber app. The payment is taken directly from this card - tipping is not required.
- Once the app is on the device people will be able to see:
- Closest Uber to their location
- Approximate wait time
- Cost to destination
- Picture of the driver
- Reviews of the driver
- You can select the Uber you would like to use and be picked up within the time provided. The credit card on file is charged the appropriate fees and no cash exchanges hands. After the ride the passenger has the opportunity to rate the driver AND the driver has the opportunity to rate the passenger.
Please send requests with name, phone number, address, and quantity of brochures required to:
Aglow Int’l, PO BOX 1749
Edmonds WA 98020
We suggest that Aglow attendees exchange currency into their arrival airports into the USA as Richmond International Airport
does not have a currency exchange. Attendees can exchange their home country funds into USD at the following Richmond location:
- Wells Fargo Bank Downtown Richmond
- Website: https://www.wellsfargo.com/foreign-exchange/
- Phone: (804) 225-5861
- Address: Wells Fargo Bank
122 E. Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23219
- Requires 2 forms of identification, $7.50 fee, most currencies accepted.
- In order to buy back currency, the bank must place and order that takes 3-7 business days to complete the buy back.
- If your arrival airport currency exchange is not an option the Wells Fargo Bank Downtown Richmond three blocks from the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
- Note: Wells Fargo does not buy back all currencies; buy back rates may differ from purchase rates.
There are many economical dining options close by and in the Greater Richmond Convention Center, and also in the hotels.
Join us for an evening to remember as we celebrate 50 years of Aglow with fellowship, fun, and dessert!
Thursday, September 28, 2017
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Tickets: $10 (to be purchased no later than August 31, 2017).
Your Sunday Best
Aglow apologizes for any challenges you may have had reserving your hotel rooms in Richmond. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us here at Aglow International Headquarters. Housing opened, Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
All reservations must go through the Aglow onPeakhousing bureau. Housing information will be found in the brochures and posted on the web site. Reservations can be made the following way:
Register Online: http://www.aglow.org/events/global-conference-2017/housing-2017
Register by Phone: (Please state that you are with Aglow)
(U.S. Callers): (877) 456.6554
(International): (312) 527.7300
Fax: (312) 329-9513
Register by Mail:
350 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654
2017 Conference Registration:
Registration opens on March1,2017. Registration can be made by mail, phone, or Internet. Internet registration is highly encouraged.
Mail: Aglow International, Conference Registrar, PO Box 1749, Edmonds, WA 98020
Phone: 800.755.2456 – Nancy (ext. 205) or El Tora (ext. 206) or Diane (ext. 208)
Your registration for conference constitutes your permission for Aglow International to use your picture, in the event your image appears in a video or still picture. Personal recording of general sessions, in either audio or video format is prohibited.
Sign Language for the hearing impaired will be provided at all General Sessions.
The average temperature in Richmond, VA during the month of September is 81 degrees F (27.3 degrees C) for the average high, and 48 degrees F (15.6 degrees C) for the average low.
Eastern Time Zone (UTC: -5:00)
We encourage Aglow constituents to bless those in the service industry in the conference city for all of their hard work in making
Aglow feel welcome. Please visit the Emily Post Tip Guide as a handy reference.
Tours offered by Richmond Discoveries. Reservations can be made online through Aglow website. Lunch is not included in the cost but there will be available locations and time set aside to purchase lunch on your own.
All sessions will be translated into several languages on site and for the webcast. The languages that will be translated this year
will be: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese.
Webcast registration will open this summer. As it is updated, all webcast registration information will be found on the aglow.org Webcasting page.
Conference information can be found on the Aglow.org 2017 Global Conference landing page. You will find additional conference information and flyers available for download on our website in the Media Kit.
Last but not least and definitely not out of order:
- We declare that: God can provide financial resources for those called to attend!
- International travelers will have a smooth travel process
- Those who are called to volunteer will follow that calling!
- Housing and registration will run smoothly!
- Weather will be beautiful and not hinder anyone from attending!
- Our attendance numbers will be more than we could ask or think!
- All staff and volunteers will be in good health and strength!
- Aglow will find favor with our vendors and suppliers!
If you have any further questions, please contact: Janae Lovern at 1-800-755-2456, ext.231or 1-425-275-0231.